Monthly Dinner Club

This is a blogspot which will serve as a Restaurant Review for our Monthly Dinner Club. We are based in Cape Town and have visited restaurants since January 2001. Each month, one of the Organisers selects a new restaurant with the only rule being that it is not allowed to be a venue that the Monthly Dinner Club or one of the Organisers have frequented before.

Saturday, July 29, 2006

Manenberg's Jazz Cafe

Name: Manenberg's Jazz Cafe

Tel No & Address: 021-4215639, Shop 102, Clock Tower Centre, V&A Waterfront
http://www.manenbergsjazzcafe.com/default.php

Date Visited: Sat, 29th July 2006 - 6.30pm

Organised By: Janine

Patrons: Lucy, Nadine, Janine, Etienne, Regan, Brian, Vannessa, Gathry, Carol, Antony, Adrian, Amie

Reviews:

- Regan - music too loud!

- Shrimp cocktail starter was not good - too many sauce, too few shrimps and not avocado. I hope I'm going to get a discount!

- Music too loud, too little talk.

- Music very loud, service a bit slow, terrible shrimp cocktail but good oxtail. Steak overdone.

- Music a tad loud, food (thai kingklip) average.

- You people are over the hill - the music is JAZZ!!! The roasted dickwas delicious.

- HOT LIPS = Peri-Peri chicken livers

- "hold me close, sway me more..." Wonderful Jazz!!!"cosmo" lit up my life 3 times. My steak was excellent and so was the snoek pate starter. Large portions and very tasty.

- Nice atmosphere and I enjoyed the music. Also had lots of time to chat. My shrimp cocktail was nice and spinach and salmon canneloni was really, really nice.

- Oxtail was good! Nice bones

- My steak (2nd) was gr8, bit too loud but nice music.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home